Friday, September 23, 2016

TV Shows I Have Loved and Lost

It's officially fall as of yesterday, which means it's time for a whole new season of television! I'm here to tell you, if you are lucky enough to find a new TV show that you love, don't get your hopes up. They'll only break your heart.

Cheery start to the post, right?

Ok, not all new shows are going to get canceled, but I seem to have a knack for loving the ones that do. So here's a short list of the shows that I loved and lost, and why I think it was totally unfair. 

1. Best Friends Forever, NBC

This show was THE CUTEST. It's a story of two very funny best friends (on-screen and in real life). Jessica's (the blonde friend) husband has just decided to divorce her, so her BFF Lennon (the brunette) invites Jessica to come live with her and her boyfriend. As a pro reviewer would say "Hilarity ensues!"

The writing of this was DEFINITELY inspired by the Gilmore Girls, so if that show is your jam (it is mine), you would've loved it..These hilarious ladies started a new show (after BFF was canceled) called "Playing House" on the USA network. Last I checked, it was still being made, but I don't have cable and I'm not usually a pay-per-episode kind of gal.

2. Mind Games, ABC

No one seems to remember this show but me, so if you do, I will be so friggin' pumped. I just looked it up, and it was literally only on the air for one month in 2014. And yet I am still in mourning.

I initially started watching this show because Steve Zahn is AMAZING. If you don't recognize Steve, he was Lenny (the really funny guy) in "That Thing You Do", George in "You've Got Mail" (an employee of The Shop Around the Corner), and Ray (Beverly's drug-using husband) in "Riding in Cars with Boys". PLUS LITERALLY A BAZILLION OTHER THINGS. And he is one of my all-time faves.

So the show centers around him and his brother (Christian Slater-weird, but whatever) starting a business, helping clients with their problems by using mind manipulation. Christian Slater is focused on making money and having a successful company. Steve Zahn's character is much less professionally minded, but he is vital to the company because he is the talent. He knows how to read people and how to alter their way of thinking using psychological techniques. It's hard to describe, but I guess the closest comparison would be kind of like Sherlock. You've got the crazy smart genius (Sherlock/Steve Zahn) and then the companion who knows how to keep them employed by using the genius's talents (John Watson/Christian Slater).

Unfortunately, the last episode ended with Steve Zahn's character getting in a car crash, and then the screen goes black. So, yeah, I guess that's it.

3. Super Fun Night, ABC



Hey, remember when Rebel Wilson had her own cute little TV show and it was really funny? I do!

It was an awesome cast of characters, featuring Lauren Ash (who is now playing Dina on Superstore, which I am pretty happy about), and Rebel Wilson's love interest is the guy who once played the little kid in Muppet Treasure Island. Not sure if he would like that being his claim to fame, but....hey, I like the Muppets.

 The plot line is a little flimsy. It's just about three room mates,having fun together, and I think Rebel Wilson is also a lawyer for some reason. But I loved it. And no one can deliver a joke quite like Rebel does.

Muppet Treasure Island photo, for important reference reasons.


So....do you guys remember any of these shows? Or do you have a list of your own dearly beloved TV shows? Tell me about them! I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment